Sunday, February 18, 2007

Grace again...

I was watching/listening to this again:




I just love the fact that for the event Floyd demonstrated grace in such a way as to cover old differences. Maybe I read too much in - maybe not. It was good to see the 4 of them arm in arm the first time for years.

But as Simon says: (quoting U2)
Grace makes beauty out of ugly things.
Grace finds beauty in everything.
Grace finds goodness in everything.

U2, Grace


I was chatting this week to Ben & Mel - sorting out church.... (a bit like the sorting-out-the-wrongs-of-the-world-discussion but a lot more parochial).

Church doesn't do grace very well - we can do law really well. Ironic really - God moves us from lawlessness through law to grace, and we always seem to get stuck one step back.

Church so easily becomes about law. Whether that is law about "received dogma", or law about "this is how we do it".

My son says I have my blogging face on again - so better lighten up and log off...

No comments: