Wednesday, January 3, 2007

It's sometimes good not to be needed


I was reading this magazine from New Frontiers, it is just amazing! The whole issue is about world missions. The picture painted is of a network of local churches that really have got being "missional".

There is a wonderful thread running through of curches intentionally planting multiplying churches, and aiming to do it where there is no church. There is passion for working at the frontiers (what we in WEC aim to do), and for establishing multiplying Churches (what we in WEC also aim to do). For caring ministry related in to church and church planting (what.. you get it).

There is a fantastic article on reaching oral communicating cultures. This is something I've been banging on about for a while since Phil Booth (founder of Radio Worldwide and of Oral Communicators Worldwide) told me about it.

Looking at the magazine I was thrilled! - And how do we in WEC fit in - well I don't think we do much! Do I care? (After all my job is to work on the relationship between UK church and WEC) - not a lot!

In fact if all churches were as this magazine portrays I'd be taking a long holiday.

(as if).

No comments: