Friday, June 18, 2010

Joining with the spirit

I was reading this post from Johnny Baker in bed last night on my iPod (my wife forbade be to eat in bed, but has as yet not forbidden nocturnal surfing...)

The book looks really interesting - but at 25 quid I'm thinking I'd bewtter not add it to my (tetering) reading pile - hopefully one of my friends has a copy.

the title joining in with the spirit comes from the notion that mission is finding out where God is at work and joining in which is certainly something john v taylor said, perhaps along with a bundle of other people. discernment then is the first act of mission.


I like that quote - I've often used the quote in helping people consider church when they move home - but as a first act of mission that is challenging.

Particularly as I'm in PR for WEC....

No comments: