Saturday, April 4, 2009

A lifebelt (for Darwin)


Been meaning to read something on Darwin / Evolution / Creation / Theism for a while now.  So when this book "Rescuing Darwin" dropped through the letterbox, (intellectual) laziness and stinginess took hold and I decided to read it.  

I fell asleep a bit (been working at an exhibition all week), but enjoyed the read.  

Thanks to Christian Research for sending it out.

I have to say it uncovered whole valleys of sloppy thinking in my mental landscape - but then what's new!

The book gives a good understanding of both contemporary and older forms of "creationism" as well as "intelligent design".  

It also looks at the current fad amongst "evangelical" atheists for using Darwin as a blunt weapon in arguing against the existence of God.  I'm torn between pictures of God being amused and angry at their views....

Oh - and at the end I found that it is released under a Creative Commons license - cool!  So if you like you can download it for free.

No comments: