Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rough - but Ironic

Kez got there first - and go read...

This Rough Sleepers thing has got to me too. (And I only did one evening) Sunday night I was chatting with the guys who came in from the cold - in Church - they having been the first to pray out loud when space was given (gobsmacking). One of them (boyfriend of the pregnant woman) asked if I had a spare bed.

Now I sort of do - and sort of dont - for one thing the house isn't mine. (I'm housed by the mission I work for). But for 2 pins....

Back home Flora agreed - it would be really daft - but.....

One of the ironies was Andy's sermon (and for once he didn't cry - got close though) - one of his passages was the parable of the banquet - inviting all of the rough sleepers in.

The big irony though was Christmas night - the shelter was open, and in our church we had a pregnant woman come in from sleeping rough.

Sometimes irony is really beautiful - but very sad.

No comments: