Monday, October 15, 2007

Frightening small children (and others)

I can think of little that is as scary as an ageing bloke in a Lycra top.

Just be glad that the photo hides the worst angle.

It's all my beloved sister's fault - Ann very kindly sent me a wonderful cycling shirt - in the style of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". If you look inside the rear carry pouches/pockets they read "the lunatic is on the grass", "the lunatic is in the hall", and perhaps most aptly in my case "the lunatic is in my head".

As I say - wonderful shirt - until of course I am wearing it.... When I first got it I put it on late one night after everyone else had gone to bed so I could see it in the mirror in the hall.

I couldn't stop giggling.....

I wore it for my Sunday ride, happily I got tangled up with a charity bike ride and found myself among loads more middle aged men in colourful Lycra.


One thing I like about the shirt - it is worth 3 times what my bike cost!

(The bike was 15 quid on the supermarket noticeboard)

Bet I enjoyed posting this a lot more than you enjoyed reading it!

2 comments:

Glen Marshall said...

"I can think of little that is as scary as an ageing bloke in a Lycra top."

How about an ageing bloke in lycra bottoms?

Dick Davies said...

That is to come - but if I get shorts for christmas I promise not to blog about them.....