Sunday, August 5, 2007

Spiritual Refreshment

A recipe for spiritual refreshment (only guaranteed to work for me)

Take a nice ride

From Rothwell to Salts Mill (Saltaire). In fine sunshine with not too many competitors for the towpath.


See a great picture

David Hockney's Salts Mill. I like his landscapes - the vivid colour emphasises the beauty of the scene. The picture is on the centre of the far end wall of the first floor in Salts mill. I also recognised some cubism (this is a big achievement for an artistic pleb like me - thanks to the WBC art evening a few years back)

Have a good cappuchino


In the expresso bar in Salts Mill (next floor through the Café turn left and through the jewelery maze)

Listen to Good music


Apart from the obligatory Floyd / Rick Wright / Lowground - I enjoyed The Prayer Cycle by Elias. (Thanks to Vicky for playing it at WBC)

Do I need all this?


No - because I worship a God who does stuff from nothing - I was reading Ezekiel 37 (The valley of bones) this morning - God can do just anything - in fact he has. How blessed am I? - and how will I pass that on? (because that is what blessings are for after all).

No comments: